We are a chartered architectural practice and offer a fully integrated professional service from inception to project delivery supported by in-house planning services and landscape design.
Unusually we work in both contemporary and traditional form. Our experience embraces bespoke private homes, and residential and mixed use schemes on a variety of brownfield sites, metropolitan open land, green belt and in conservation areas. We have also undertaken several assisted living projects in the north of England.
We have a great track record of planning consents and work hard to minimise post planning conditions that might delay site start. At implementaion stage we look to integrate new construction techniques and low energy, sustainable building systems in both our new build and retrofit projects to future proof the build and contain mainenance and running costs.
As a practice we believe that planning should be fully integrated with architectural design from the outset in order to promote successful planning outcomes.
On larger projects we are happy to work with our client’s chosen planning consultants but for smaller to medium sized projects we have our in-house service. We have an RTPI planner on board who can offer support at any stage of the process and if need be, will take a scheme through to appeal in conjunction with our architectural team. Both our architects and planner have acted as expert witnesses in public enquiries and are experienced in working with leading counsel.
We will listen to your aspirations and always give a realistic steer on the likelihood of gaining approval whether that be through the application process or, where possible, by permitted development. Today more than ever before clients need to steer a clear path through the regulations to achieve a sustainable outcome and we achieve this by continuous monitoring of the path of our applications from inception to determination.
As architects we believe that the spaces between and around buildings are as important as the buildings themselves. We have a deep respect for nature and believe this shows in our work. Our aim is to understand the features of the space and its potential, while taking into account the way the client wish to use the space. We work to produce landscaping designs that are thoughtful and sustainable with an aesthetic that integrates well with the built form. Our scope includes soft landscape design and specification for plantsmen, and hard landscape design of all external elements including driveways, cycle routes and footfall, plaza, terracing and roof deck spaces, incorporating green building solutions such as green roofs/green walls that promote ecological habitats.
- Strategic pre-project planning assessment for development
- Feasibility studies into site capacity, opportunities and constraints
- Brief development and setting up a project control plan for services scoping, program and cost estimating framework
- Planning consultancy; advice; project planning reports and making applications
- Planning applications for conservation areas, heritage and listed buildings
- Appeal applications, including review and advice, preparation and submission
- Heritage and conservation area design: collaboration with highly accredited heritage consultant
- Lead consultant; advising, scoping and co-ordinating consultant tea
- Landscape design; collaboration with highly experience arboriculturist; project landscape design incorporated into master planning, development and bespoke homes and gardens
- Low energy and Passivhaus; advice; incorporation into design strategy
- Sustainable construction design; renewable sourcing, low carbon and timber frame
- Design led construction management; procurement advice; collaborative approach to professional/construction project team
- Interior architectural design
- Furniture and fitting out design
- Space planning
- Presentation drawings and 3d design
- Public consultation, presentation and exhibitions
Services in Sectors